Should I see the doctor?

I get really sick if I don't eat at least every 2 hours to the point where I am sweating profusely, nauseated and dry heaving, shakey, and getting very light headed. I have always been this way but it seems to have gotten substantially worse over the last 2 years. It didn't affect me too much before I had kids because I had a much faster metabolism. I now weigh 194lbs and counting. I have tried eating "negative calorie" foods like carrots and celery to satisfy the sickness and to prevent gaining more weight and those do not help. I try and eat only 6 small meals a day. I avoid anything with grease/deep fried/ or sugary because they give me reflux and make me feel worse. I have been to the doc before (5 years ago) and tested negative for everything under the sun. No anemic, not diabetic. I am tired of this, but got tired of no answers! Has anyone else had these symptoms and got a dignosis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes go to a endocronologist or an internal medicine doctor. It does sound like low blood sugar. I would have them run the gamet of blood tests and do a physical. Something is definatly not right. Try eating a fruit with some protein. Like apples and string cheese or apple and peanut butter, celery and peanut butter. celery and cream cheese.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 2:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• sounds like you have a sugar problem or something.. I'd definately see a doctor and get all the blood tests run!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 1:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• OP HERE: also, the more I eat at a time I am more likely to make it a whole 2 hours. The less I eat I just get sicker faster. And my stomache growls like crazy too if I dont eat that often...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I feel that way quite often, although not quite to the extent that you do. I definitely get shaky and cranky... sometimes dizzy and sweaty too. I find that if I eat a bit of protein, it helps. If I'm really in a bind and need something faster, a bit of sugar will do the trick until I get something more substantial into my system. But it'll be important for you to plan ahead and just make sure you always have snacks with you... in your purse, in your car, your locker at work, whatever. That way you don't find yourself in that situation very often. I was tested several years ago as well... not diabetic, and not hypoglycemic (but almost). So I've just learned how to take care of myself.
    StrollerStrider

Answer by StrollerStrider at 1:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010