was your second babies labor and delivery faster?

im just curious because i keep hearing this from aunts and moms. is your second labor and delivery faster than the first. i kinda hope so, my first was only 5 hours. how about yours?

mrsaustin271

Asked by mrsaustin271 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first was 9 hrs, from the time my water broke until I delivered. I pushed for an hour and a half b/c the cord was wrapped around her shoulder & she was facing the wrong way, but I also had some stadol. My second lasted 7 1/2 hrs from the time my water broke til she was born. I didnt have any drugs, her head was facing the wrong way, and I only pushed for 15 min. My second was MUCH MUCH easier! Recovery has been a lot easier too. I think that since I didnt have any drugs the second time, I didnt have to push as hard or as much as I did with my first, so I didnt feel like I'd been hit by a truck the day after. I felt great and was up and walking around...
    MayBaby0507

Answer by MayBaby0507 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my 2nd was faster and easier, and was out in 1 push!!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 1:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Delivery was shorter ( he just kinda fell out) but the labor was just as long - within about an hour or so...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My first labor (natural) was under 2 hours. I pushed for a couple of minutes and she was out.

My second labor (induced) was 17 freaking painful hours (thanks for the epi) but still only a couple of pushes and he was out.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My first was less then an hour and one push. My second was 8 hrs of mild contractions ( I thought they were braxton hicks) then my water broke and she was born an hour later without a push.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes.
    my first I was in labor for 24 hrs
    my second I was in labor for 10 hrs
    my third I was in labor for 8 hrs
    and my fourth had to have an emergency c-section so I only labored for about 4 hours
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No it was longer and it was even induced.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm so jealous of some of these comments! My first was 23 hrs long! I pushed for 3 hrs at 10cm! I'd love for my 2cd to be ANYTHING like some of these other comments!
    LovesHerKiddos

Answer by LovesHerKiddos at 2:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• In general it is for most moms. For me, My first was 4 days of labor and 20 min of pushing. My second was 3 1/2hrs of labor and 2-3 pushes!
    My sister however, was in labor for 2 days with her first, and her second had to be induced with pitocin after her water had broken about 16hrs before and still no contractions! The baby was born 24hrs after her water broke! I felt so bad for her :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 3:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My first baby was 2 days and then they finally took her... The second baby was a c-section off the bat! Much better...
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 4:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010