• In the Spotlight:

Riding in a truck?

I have just been curious since I had a baby how people with pick up trucks drive their babies? Babies are suppose to be facing back in the back seat - so what do you do if you only have a truck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• If you have a truck then baby goes in the passenger seat, facing the back just like in a car, just make sure that the passenger air-bag is turned off.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• thats sooo weird that you asked that..i was actually wondering about that yesterday..im like sooo if a person who has that kind of truck gets pregnant and cant afford a new one..what do they do.. lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thank you! I dont have a truck... I was just curious.
    Anonymous

• I PERSONALLY WOULD THINK THAT THE CARSEAT WOULD GO IN THE MIDDLE SEAT FACING THA BACK, BUT I DONT KNOW FOR SURE.
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Most trucks have the on/off switch or a senzer in the seat that sences the carseat or any one under 100lbs (my car does anyway) and won't turn the air bag on. If the truck it manual then you can't put the car seat in the middle because then you can't shift. If it is automatic then you should be able to. If its an extrnded cab then you should be able to put the kid in the back seat. Of couse always rear facing unless over 20lbs.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• That is our situation, we have a stick shift truck which is our only vehicle. My son rides in the passenger seat facing the rear (airbag off), I drive, and when my hubby rides with us (which isn't often b/c of our work schedules) he rides in the bed. It's not the best set-up, but right now we cant afford a new car so it's what we have to do.
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2008