Quick Question....

Has anyone had their gallbladder taken out?? If so did the doctor instruct you to eat a certain way afterwards like no fatty foods, no sweets, etc?? Also did the doctor say that it's possible to have pain in that area or around that area 4 months, 6 months, a year later?? Very Curious....
Thank you

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 1:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I went back to a pretty normal diet afterwards except that I cannot go for long periods of time without eating in the mornings. I know other family members who have stomach trouble for years afterward. I guess it just depends on your system and how it reacts to the surgery. I wish you the best. I would be a good idea to have it checked out if you continue to have pain.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i had my taken out this past Oct and my dr stated i can eat normal. i figured out on my own that i cant eat certain diary food cuz the high fat content will run thru me...literally,lol. and if i eat breakfast late i'll have the runs asap. so i don't drink whole milk and i don't eat cheese after 9 am but i have no pain in that area. but my scar do itch still, lol
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010