Would you take your little one to a spa made just for them? Manicures, pedicures, fun facials, and cute nail polish.

expecting123

Asked by expecting123 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Yes. I have been wanting to take my 7 and 6 yo girls to one.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes. We go once a year before school starts. It's a national chain- Sweet and Sassy
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i would, some times when i get my nails done my 2 year old comes with me and gets her toes painted she loves it!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No, I wouldn't be promoting this stuff in my daughter at a young age.Probably not until 14 or so. i don't believe in the "I'm a princess' mindset of girls. i think it sets them up for disappointment later and gives them a disadvantage to future relationships. JMO.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No. She's too young to even care about that stuff. Maybe if she asks i'll take her to get a pedicure but taht's it. no make up.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If my dd's want that stuff done at a young age (before they hit their tweens) I'll do it for them lol. I paint my 4 yr old's nails with clear or light pink polish as a reward sometimes. I give her a makeup brush to pretend with, but I don't let her wear makeup. She's too young to need a facial lol I just don't see the point of it. Girls are growing up too quickly as it is. I don't want to push her to be a diva lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No. I don't have a girl, but have a niece. If I was to "pamper" her like that it would be in my own home. I agree with butterflyblue, all girls do not need to be told they are a princess. That may be harsh, but that is just how I feel. I am an adult and don't even go get things done for myself like that anymore. I believe in either doing it myself. Plus it's so expensive, money could be better spent elsewhere for a more bonding and educational experience.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• ahhh...the things i'll miss because i have a boy.....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my 7 yr old goes to the nail salon with me. I only let them polish her toes nothing more! She has not and will not get a facial, or professional massage until she's at least 16.

tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 2:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• IF they wanted to do something like that - yeah, I would take them... But I wouldn't push them or ask them to go...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010