I want to quit smoking and willing to take any advice

lakotajean

Asked by lakotajean at 2:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Health

• Good luck! Thats all I can say. I have been trying every couple of months for years.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My son tried patches and gum but nothing worked till he tried that mechanical cigerette He hasn't smoked since May.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• idk what to say..i quit cold-turkey last week, and its hard. no patches/meds, nada. i'm on Day 7...i think about 'just one cig' quite a lot through the day.
    i guess its something you just have to decide to do and be determined to be a non-smoker. it ain't easy, but it is getting better!
    good luck!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I am going back to chantix, You just reminded me to get a prescription.

I quit for 6 months but it was hard because I lived with a smoker then. Now, I don't so. I need to get the pill.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well I tried hypnotisym or however you spell that, the patch, the gum anti depressant meds to quit and in the end, I ended up quitting cold turkey... well, its been since October since I've had one.. Have you tried all those ?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Good luck !!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My mom took Zyban and it worked for her. She had been smoking for 35 years, and she said it was easy to quit with it because it made the cigarettes taste horrible, so the idea of smoking one made her sick.

She bullied my husband into quitting and he took Wellbutran, it is a different form of Zyban. Anyway... he wasn't to interested in quitting, but he had the same result, he quit and he said it wasn't even hard. Now you take it and set a quit date for a couple of weeks after taking it. My husband had half a pack left on his quit date and tried to smoke them all in an hour, so it would make him sick. It worked. He stopped for good. He did try a smoke about a year later and it made him barf. So it REALLY worked.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I smoked for 15 years and I have been smoke free for 6 years!! First you have to be really ready to quit...I tried to quit a few times and it didn't stick until I was really ready! I used the Commit Lozenges they were really gross but I only needed them for a month!! Good luck to you!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010