how do i explain to my SO about prego hormones and why i am a little crazy?

my poor SO he is great with my DH and DD but is not the bio....but he acts as if he is...we are now expecting one of our own...and we couldnt be happier....well untill the hormones kicked in....i dont mean to cry or get mad all the time it jsut happens.....he has never been around a prego girl before. and has no bio kids of his own...how do i explain it to him...one of his friends recently told him "u need to be ready, sometimes the prego women get mad eor cry for no reason, they dont even know why" he told him " be ready for it and try not to get mad or take it too seriously" that was a few days before the hormones kicked into full gear....i was glad his friend warned him in a nice way...but i still dont think SO knows what to think about it...how do i explain it?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 2:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can say something along the lines of... "I'm pregnant, therefore I'm crazy!" lol It's good that he heard it from someone else and not just from you. Look up articles online to help explain to him what is going on with your body, or have your Dr explain it to him. Good luck and congrats!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I had to re-read why your SO was so great with your DH lol!! Well, I think really, that's all you can do is OVER explain why you get crazy ( when you are not being crazy is when you should explain it to him) I was actually happiest while pregnant so I never really got the crazy emotions but I know it happens and just tell him to hang in there!! you too mommy..!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i meant *DS and DD......
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Get him a good book on the subject and read it together. ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010