What type of day care did you choose for your infant and why?

4 month old twin boys will need care when i go back to work. Trying to figure out what type of day care to do.

Megeliz6

Asked by Megeliz6 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe inhome?? idk, never did the daycare thing. my cousin did though. she ran a search through our state and it gave her a list of daycares and in home babysitters.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I took my son to daycare at 8 months...and yea that lasted maybe a month long! He was constantly sick and he cried a lot while there. The daycare lady said he would calm down shortly after I left but it broke my heart. I have since moved and going to start working shortly and I now have a girl who is about my age with a son who is a little younger than mine and my son loves it there. Because it is only one other child, he gets lots of attention, not sick constantly, and he feels comfortable being more in a "home" setting.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I used an inhome day care while my dds were infants. As they got older they moved to a small center. Either way do your homework :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Care in your home is the best. Day care centers are by far the worst. I would never, ever put my baby in a day care center. I would be homeless before I would do that.

After I was divorced I used to to in home care and take my kids with me. It was a win-win situation. The client got in home care with kids to play with her kids and I got to be with my kids. I have special skills and did it for rich people and made big bucks. I don't know how much you would have to pay for twin infants if it's a "have to go back to work" situation.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Both my kids go to an inhome daycare and we all love it. It's a smaller setting and much more personal. Both my kids love their daycare lady (Jenny) and she is like family to us now. Plus they get the interaction with other kids that they wouldn't if we had a nanny come to our house and much more personal, one-on-one time than if they were in a center (plus in-home daycares are much cheaper, too).
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Hi!

Finding daycare for your children is so nerve-racking and exciting at the same time. I gave myself 3 to 4 months to find a good daycare and looked at both home and facility day cares. I looked at 5 home daycares and 2 facilities. Ultimitely, I chose a home day care. Home daycares are very comfortable to me because they often look like my home or living situation. When I visited the homes, I checked to make sure that the home was clean and safe (covered outlets, no access to unsafe parts of home, etc.), had a nice play area for children (clean back yard, large living room, etc) and clean area for diaper changing, sleeping and eating. I also checked out the other day care workers and who lived in the home. I believe all states require that fingerprints are taken from everyone who lives in the home. Home daycares are also more flexible with hours, payments and other issues like your child's menu.

.
    Arashid

Answer by Arashid at 2:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I chose a daycare center for my twins. I briefly considered in-home, but I soon realized I couldn't leave my babies alone with a single adult I didn't know. I knew I would always be wondering what really went on when I wasn't watching. WIth a center there are multiple adults around at all times, and I feel like people are less likely to break safety rules when they know there are other adults present and watching. I could not use an in-home center unless I knew the provider really well or my child was old enough to tell me what was going on. I'd also be worried about what might happen when the provider left the room to prepare meals or go to the bathroom. I'd be very worried if there was only one provider and there were any older children with access to my babies. I understand there are some advantages to in-home, but for me the risks were too high. The center I found has worked out great for us.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My mom watched my son until he was 4 or 5 months old after I went back to work when he was 8 weeks old. After my mom was done, I took my son to an accredited daycare. I visited a few different ones and made sure that I really liked all the people working there at the one I chose. He's doing well there now, but you have to remember that your baby won't receive as much attention as he/she might in an in-home setting. At the same time, the in-home thing scared me SO BAD because they're not regulated as much depending on the situation of course.

If you personally know someone, or know someone close to you that could vouch for an in home center, that would be the best situation probably. My son was sick once or twice a month through last winter and fall because of the center- it was a nightmare. My friend will be watching him starting this fall until he's a bit older.
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I use an in home daycare. My DCP is great with the kids, and my DD has done wonderfully the 3 years she has been with her. If I go back to work this school year, my 3 month son will join. I trust all will go quite well.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010