Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

court case in another state

My court case is in AK. I now live in CO. My childs father lives in WA . we settled our child custody case all in AK. I am now wondering if I want to reopen the case - how do I go about it? DO I CALL AK AND ASK THEM TO TRANSFER THE CASE TO CO? DO I FILE SOMETHING IN CO?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (1)
  • You generally have to notify the court of a move anyhow. Once you have done that you will have to file in the state that you are living in but you will still need to serve the other party out of state, unless of course he is willing to agree and in which case you can just file the paperwork. Yes, you have to notify the original court of the case when you move and sometimes they will be able to advise you on how to go about it. Understand I am not an attorney although I do have some experience with this.

    Answer by littlestar85257 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.