Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Where do I file?

My court case is in AK. I now live in CO. My childs father lives in WA . we settled our child custody case all in AK. I am now wondering if I want to reopen the case - how do I go about it? DO I CALL AK AND ASK THEM TO TRANSFER THE CASE TO CO? DO I FILE SOMETHING IN CO?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Answers (2)
  • Call your local court clerk and ask. Normally it would be where the defendant (non-custodial parent) lives but, since you had a case in AK, I don't know.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 2:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

  • You usually have to file where the initially case took place.

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.