So, I think Obama has disappointed a lot of people...

I know I lot of lefties that think he's too moderate and a lot of righties that think, well, no need to really go there, right?

but I believe the younger people that aren't normally involved in politics played a huge roll in electing him, and then turned around and went back to not paying attention.

Do you think he will be able to mobilize the same groups to the same outcome in 2012?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it will depend on who runs against him, and what the economy is like.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 2:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it's safe to say that he was elected for the wrong reasons. There were older people that were never involved in politics that voted for him as well. He's become more of a celebrity than a president, and I don't see him being re-elected. There are even democrats shaking their heads at the damage he has done. All of his promises for a change proved to be bull-hockey. I don't think he was expected to work miracles, but instead of making changes for the better, he's taken this country into a downward spiral. One of the first things he did in office was set the bombers of the USS Cole free when they were on death row. Every year he's been promising Karzait 30,000 troops. Karzait was walking on the flight deck of the USS Roosevelt for crying out loud! People were to blinded by the fact that we finally have a black president to pay attention to the havoc he has created.
    Anonymous

• There are a few good points about that man .. He is a great orginizer, a great speaker, and can rally people together and cheer. However, there is one major thing lacking in his capabilities. He SUCKS as a leader. He doesn't know how to use the power he has been given. He doesn't know how to lead this country for anything. That's why he sucks as a president. So I hope he won't be able to be re-elected. I hope the country has learned their lesson. He's ruining this country.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• clappingWell said anon. He said again that "change takes time". Even now, afte 19 months in office, he still hasn't defined exactly what the change is. The only promises he seems to be interested in keeping are to the Muslim community. He is the most anti-American -American president I have ever seen. (I remember JFK so I've seen a few.)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sadly, yes I do believe that he will mobilize the younger generations that normally don't have a clue. I call it the MTV generation. But...I do not believe that he'll have the same positive outcome from the people who have followed politics. So, hopefully, I don't think the scales will fall in his favor!

To those who keep defending Obama with all of the 'give him time' and '8 years of mess to clean up' garbage - I ask you...What HAS he done to even BEGIN? do tell, because I must be missing something!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it took years to get in the jam we are in and will take years to get out of it...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't think so. A large part of why he was voted in was his campaign of hope and change. Not much change has happened, and hope doesn't buy supper. And being the first black president is old news.
    Anonymous

• I think the problem primarily lies in the media putting so much faith in one man who did not have much experience in politics. He was a wonderful speaker and as a wonderful speaker, people couldnt' help but have faith in him and support him. Being the President of the US is not something that you get trained for. You are thrown into a situation where people look to you to solve all these problems. During campaigning, candidates want to be able to deliver and they want to do a good job. But, talking about something and doing are two different things. He got into office and thought to himself, OMG, this is a tough job and no matter what, the choices he makes will upset some and make others happy. Thats just the way it is. And really, being the President is not a one man show! You've got all these people who are so called experts in thier field to assist the President while in office. Ofcourse, you'd like to put faith in people.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Depends on the economy / jobs..War effort..opponent...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I believe that he will be re-elected. I hope he is. People expected him to come into office with some sort of magic wand... The expectations of him were completely unrealistic.
    echoishername

Answer by echoishername at 2:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010