How do I move on?

DH and I are getting divorced soon...how do I move on? How do I get over the loss of a marriage that I tried so hard to save? How do I re-gain my independence? How do I find love again?

I feel so lost right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• One foot in front of the other. It takes time for you to get yourself straight. Keep your self open to new men.

Answer by louise2 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I dont know that I have any actual tips, its just kind of happening for me. I am doing what I want to, hanging out with who I want to, finding things to do when my son is with his dad. I tried to save my marriage, I gave him the second chance he begged for, and he never changed. I think going back that second time and seeing that things werent going to change helped me immensely. Its hard, some days are way harder than others, but you do heal, you do find love again (i havent yet but have faith that I will:)). (((BIG HUGS)))
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Find yourself.

That's the first step. Find yourself again. That has to come before anything else. Finding yourself will help with your healing, it will help you gain perspective, it will help you to find what you want to do with yourself/your life..

Finding love again should be the very last thing on your mind. Love will come when it comes. But if you haven't found yourself, if you haven't become happy with yourself and your life. You will not find happiness in any love that comes your way either.

Your independence, your future..everything. Has to come from within you. Once you find yourself, who and what you are, what you want out of life, what you want to do with your life, how you want to live, what will make you happy.etc.. Then the other things will fall into place.

Good luck.. Hang in there. A new beginning isn't always easy, and can be a daunting task. But it can also be life changing and the best 4 -U
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You need to give it time. You need to be ok before you can be ok for/with another person.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• First I would take some time to be by yourself and then six months I would find a new hobby and have some serious single fun and I would spend sometime in my own space working having fun making friends and just getting something out of being single I am about to do this as well. Have a good time! GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• One day at a time, you learn to love yourself and enjoy you kids more. Remember it takes two to build, you couldnt save it by yourself. Regaining your independence? Honey you get to find things to with your children that both you and them want to do, no third party complaining. Finding love again, it will happen but you need to love yourself first. Good luck and HUG*
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 2:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Realize that this is a loss...take time to grieve, go out and find something that interest you, paint, write, get involved with your community-- Whatever you do...please do not rush out and look for the next relationship; when the time is right it will happen. Now is your time--discover you!
    marthageneric

Answer by marthageneric at 2:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i am sorry to hear about your divorce. i wis there was a wise answer to tell you but the only thin that i could ever say is to take it one day at a time and hold on to your friends all of us are here for you
    amberbenac

Answer by amberbenac at 2:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Life is so hard. but everything happens for a good reason. It will be hard for the first time. Try not to stay alone. go out with friends and family. Find new friends. Share your sorrows with your love ones. Don't feel sorry or lost. trust me down the line you will find someone out there who will love you and take care of you. I am sorry. Good luck.
    mylilnathan

Answer by mylilnathan at 3:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• One step at a time one heartbeat at a time give yourself time to heal then I would slowly start going to things like club of hobbies and interests and dont look for love let it come to you
    mistees_Mommy

Answer by mistees_Mommy at 4:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010