how can i get my 2 year old to start drinking less milk and to eat more food?

chanel27

Asked by chanel27 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Encourage your tot to drink water instead of milk. Add a splash of 100% fruit juice to the water if they like a little flavor. Limit the milk to no more than 16 ounces (2 cups) per day.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Dont give him/her a drink with dinner.. Tell him/her they must eat their dinner before they get a drink.. Eventually he/she won't even ask for a drink.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Offer less milk! I only give water during the day and then they have a choice of either pure fruit juice (no concentrated sugary watered down pretend juice) sugar-free squash, or milk with dinner.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 2:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Just give your child water. Stick with nutritious foods, like vegetables, beans and whole grains. A two year old should be eating the same variety of healthy foods that the rest of the family is eating.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• By giving less milk with meals and no milk in between meals
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I never give a drink with dinner. Which sucks for us, because we like to have water at meals. But it's a small sacrafice compared to the battle.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• When I met my husband he had a son (whom is now my step son) and that was basically the only nutrition he got...uness you consider candy nutrition. He never ate. So he was allowed to have a cup of milk after breakfast, only water at snacks and lunch, and he could have one more cup of milk after his dinner was gone. It worked:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010