Mom looking for friends on Craigs list

So it was brought to my attention that my mom is looking for friends on Craigslist. I want to warn her because she is very naive and will freely give out personal info. I don't want to just come out and say I searched your email on CL and found your ad b/c that would set her into defense mode very quickly. But she has to stop, so I can feel safe having my children @ her house or with her.

HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you can meet a wierdo at the store, library, park no matter where you go. The only diffrence is online you don't meet them in person.

Meeting friends is difficult but in person or on line you are taking a chance and hopefully you make the right friends. YOu never confide in any friend when you first meet them, trust must be earned in every case.

Try to get that through to her, and good luck...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• one way to help your fears may be to friend her yourself that way you can always look to see who else is on there with her
    amberbenac

Answer by amberbenac at 2:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Just talk to her and explain about how she shouldn't give out personal information because that's dangerous. Tell her if she meets someone to meet in a public place. If it were me, I'd make sure I had someone with me before I met someone.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I personally think it is her life. If that is the medium in which she chooses to make friends, than so be it. I would just tell her to make sure she doesn't give her full name or address to anyone right away.
    echoishername

Answer by echoishername at 2:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Creeps on craigslist. Some say looking for friends and just looking for sex.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• What prompted you to search her email on CL?? Just curious. Try suggesting a dating site if she's s/d/w/ whatever, or if she's looking for gal pals, try facebook. You can search for people in certain areas, ages, etc.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010