Who won VP debate??

Who won VP debate per Cafemom voters? I saw Gov. Sarah Palin!!! You go girl!

mrstremblay

Asked by mrstremblay at 11:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Definately Sarah Palin.
    If you listen to Biden's answers, he kept contradicting himself over and over again. First he would say that he was against the war, then he said he was for it; he claimed that he voted with Obama on an issue, then he claimed that he voted with McCain on the same issue, even though he had just criticized McCain for voting against that same issue. Palin called him on his contradictions, but she still managed to do it in a friendly way. She was very down-to-earth and connected with the average person. She rocked last night! I have a feeling that we are going to see an increase in the polls for the McCain/Palin ticket!
    4boysmom32

Answer by 4boysmom32 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Way to go Joe!!!

Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Joe Biden.. I agree with this

Ellen Ratner
    Bureau Chief, Talk Radio News Service/FOX News Political Contributor

Gov. Palin was clearly prepared by sticking to her script and not answering direct questions. It will make her and Senator McCain’s base happy but I think that it will not move the middle. Most Americans are wise to avoiding answers. Senator Biden was smart, cool, very human and direct.

Call me an elitist but her use of folksy English drove me crazy. I think a potential Vice President should be a model with their speech.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with ny.chica. And the use of the word Maverick is starting to make me sick.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Biden won. He was clear. He answered the questions factually. He was respectful.

Palin was charistmatic, patronizing, condescending, scripted. She refused to answer the questions asked of her. Her debating style is to attack rather than answer with facts.
    Anonymous

• But, ny.chica,

If you want someone with "smooth" words, why ever would you vote Obama?? He couldn't couldn't even get John McCain's name right or address him as a Senator. And he would always try to steal Sen. McCain's thunder by saying, "oh..I got a bracelet, too, oh..this that and the other."

Don't be so quick to judge Palin when Obama doesn't even know how to represent himself in the debates.

And Joe Biden nodded in agreement with everything Palin said. I just think he was glad to debate with a women! Those Dems are womanizers anyway.. lol
    Anonymous

• The word "change" is starting to make me sick. Change: Higher Taxes, Change: Aborting live babies, Change: MORE GOVERNMENT, Change: me having to pay for EVERYONE who refuses to work for healthcare.

Yeah..we're tired of "change" too. So leave the "Mavericks alone."
    Anonymous

• he would always try to steal Sen. McCain's thunder by saying, "oh..I got a bracelet, too, oh.

and why shouldn't he have said that when mccain was using the death of a soldier to gain sympathy. all obama did was balanced the playing field.

Obama did great in the debate. I prefer him not calling mccain senator then to hav eheard him say horse shit when he didn't agree.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• GO PALIN!! SHE SPOKE TO US STRAIGHT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• something else from fox the most conservative bias station there is.

Lanny Davis
    Former White House Special Counsel/FOX News Political Contributor

Again we see two impressive performances — with Joe Biden clearly more substantive, more presence as a vice president ready to assume office, and as a sympathic, gracious and likeable man. Sarah Palin achieved her goal — to rehabilitate the rough spots from her Katie Couric interview to the “Saturday Night Live” satire. She avoided a train wreck, and that means she had a good night.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008