Favorite way to travel?

I don't like to fly even though I have to sometimes, but I think I would like to go on a cruise (never been on one) since I like boating. I really enjoyed a steam engine trip we took once on the Great Smokey Mountain Railway. I would NEVER hang glide!
As you can see I opt for the slower transportation...how about you?

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Travel

• OMG! If you get a chance to go on a Cruise, GO!!!! It's the most economical way to travel these days. You will LOVE IT!! I've been on a bunch (Royal Carribean, Norweigan, Celebrity). The food is great & the stops are great too. I've been all over, the bahams, the carribean, mexico, belize, honduras, haiti, pueto rico, St Thomas, St. Martin etc. The Cruise companies actually own some islands and you are like on a deserted island with the other cruise people of course. I've flown & cruised out of Texas & Florida and from here in NY. I used to fly to Hawaii for vacation but it is cheaper to take a Cruise!! Do it when you can!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I personally like to drive. You can see so much more if you take a road trip.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I prefer to drive. If you don't have to be there in a hurry I think it's the perfect way to go. That way if you happen to see something that looks intresting you can stop and check it out along the way.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I love to take the train. But I would like to fly some day.
    echoishername

Answer by echoishername at 2:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i love flying
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 2:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It would be nice!
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• By the way, They even offer camps for kids while you are on board. So you can go lay in the sun on deck or whatever and they entertain the kids. They have kids only pools too & parties for kids according to age in the evening. In a year or two, when my DS is a little older, I would love to take him. I haven't traveled since he was born. They say the Disney Cruises are great too but I haven't done that.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes- a nice cruise is awesome!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I enjoy road trips too.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I am taking Amtrak from Tucson to San Francisco in August. I am excited, seeing the sights, talking to people, listening to music, reading. Sure sounds good to me. I understand the trains goes pretty slow but i'm not in a hurry.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010