i dont know if you will know how to help...but...if you can. thanks

ok. this is a weird one i think. my boyfriend plays bass in a band. and i ALWAYS stand right infront of him. and the loud speaker. and i was just wondering if this is safe for the baby. im 12 weeks now and i dont want to mess this up really. but i love being right in front. any idea??

emily..ann

Asked by emily..ann at 11:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Loud noises aren't going to hurt your baby. Maybe stand center stage instead of directly in front of the speaker, but really, the loud noises aren't going to damage anything.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I found this on AllExperts - I can't copy it because it's too long, but here's the link.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/ObGyn-Pregnancy-issues-1007/Loud-music-pregnancy.htm
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• And here's the Google search where I found that article and many more saying that very loud music can cause problems.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=loud+music+effect+on+baby+in+utero&aq=f&oq=
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I don't think it will hurt. When I was pregnant with my son I had a very noisy job where I had to wear earplugs and everyone had to yell to hear each other. My son's hearing is fine. He can sleep through anything, so I think it had something to do with him being around noise all the time.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 12:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i go to the drag strip all the time and stand in the pits ands its very loud i dont think it hurts
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2008