Calling all cooks!!! Do you prepare your chicken casserole early in the day and put it in the fridge till ready to cook?

I am preparing a simple chicken bake with mushroom soup and breadcrumbs but I wanted to make it prior to tonight. Would you put it together with the chicken and soup and put in the fridge till later. I was going to add the bread crumbs before I cooked it. Thanks in advance.

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 2:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think your plan sounds fine!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yep, sounds perfect to me. As long as you leave the bread crumbs off until you bake it, the rest of the ingredients can sit in the fridge all day, no problem. I often do casseroles the night before, actually. It's easier to cut up all the stuff after bedtime when I don't have a toddler in my way :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 5:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I rarely do but there's nothing wrong with it. If it's a recipe your family loves and you really wanted to, you could buy some foil pans, make a bunch, cover with foil, freeze, then whenever you need a meal but don't have time or energy or whatever to cook you can pull one out of the freezer and bake.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010