33 weeks prego help!!!

ok im 33 weeks and gettin so nerous nowing its gettin closer and closer but at my last couple of dr appointments ie been measurin big and at my past two ultrasounds ive been told she is a big at two months ago she weighed 2 pounds nine ounces and last month she weighed 4 pounds 2 ounces and my dr says she gonna be keep a track of her weight and im suppose to be gettin an ultrasound sometime soon too see how big she is cuz ive been told they are gonna induce me at 38 weeks if she is 8 pounds and if she is 9 pounds imma get a c- section and im not even gaing more than two pounds the last 3 months ive gone its the baby gainin all the wait and im wanna know if this has happen to any of yall or your drs have told you this and what did they do or they induced you for measuring big and yea im a lil on the big side

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have NEVER heard of a doctor trying to force a mother into an induction or c section because their baby is 8 or 9 pounds. That is not a valid reason. I am a very, very small woman. I weigh around 110 pounds when not pregnant, and back in October I delivered an 8 pound baby naturally without a problem. Sounds like your doctor wants to do what is convenient for him/her.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i was induced at 38.5 weeks, but it was because they thought my ds was a little small and the placenta wasn't functioning anymore. they thought he was 6lbs 5oz. but he ended up being 6lbs 13oz and healthy. now he's 4 months old and in 6-9month clothes...he's a fatty! lol. but being induced is nothing to worry about, i was actually only in labor 5.5 hours. now my aunt has 2 kids, both of them were 10lbs 8oz at birth and she had to have c-sections with both of them. if the baby is too big for you the c-section is the safest route for both of you. good luck!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• also, i had conversations with moms at my ob who were being induced because their previous babies were big, and the ones they were prego with were getting big. so they were induced at around 38 weeks so the baby wouldn't be too big for them forcing an emergency c-section.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• they can not get an accurate weight by ultrasound. it is a guestimation. i was 40 weeks when i had my dd vaginaly. she was 8lb 8oz. your doctor should not be inducing you or trying to give you a c section because he thinks the baby will be too big.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was induced and had one vaginally weighing 7 pds 8 oz. But because of being over due. Inducing wasn't so bad but I'd rather go on my own. My second was about to be induced and I prayed hard she came the day before induction scheduled. Now each baby gets bigger and bigger so, I feel why you are nervous. I am glad your dr is very closley monitoring you. I never been c section. But it may feel nice to not have to do vaginal for once and you will have peace in knowing day it planned to come to be there in time. Some women fear not getting to the hospital in time. It all will make one nervous any how you look at it. But it'll be over soon.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my first was 8ib 13oz and i delivered her naturally and with no complications. i could see this if you have a small pelvis, maybe if an 8 pound baby wont fit through your pelvis then c section is ok. but if its just simply because your baby will be a little large you should ask your doc if you can try to go naturally first. 9 pounds isnt that big. most woman can do it,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• That sounds completely ridiculous. It also sounds like something a "typical" OB would say. C-sections are for emergencies. An 8-9 pound baby is not an emergency. An induction is also elective and unnecessary.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree with xxlilmomma and jennifer. My son was 8lbs 15oz when he was born and I had him vaginally with no problems. So for them giving you a c section because they THINK shes 9 lbs is so stupid. IMO
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• doc thought our daughter was going to be 7 pounds ish! she was wrong came out 9 pounds 5 oz! i was measuring fine and all! doc said next time we will watch the babies weight better and i will have a c section or be induced because it was jsut to much for my body to handle! it took 3 hours of pushing to get her out! it was just to much stress on me and the baby! ur doc is wanting to be on the safe side i guess but if u dont want to do that let her know! its ur body!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• A small pelvis is also a ridiculous reason. I am very small and have never had any issues delivering babies of healthy weight.

Educate yourself now so that you can make a proper decision. Just start with google!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010