when should i stop lifting heavy objects?

iam 9 weeks and my husband said i shouldnt lift the kiddie pool to emty it. should i worry this early?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 2:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't stop lifting heavy objects but I limited it, if it was more than my oldest weighed I didn't do it so I agree with the 30 lbs and also the fact that you should use that to your advantage. A lot of husbands won't do that and still expect you to do all the stuff you were doing before you were pregnant! WTG hubby!
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i didnt! i stopped around 7 months cuz i was to big to lift anything! he is just being a good hubby! use it to ur advantage make him lift everything while u just sit there, its great!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• nothing over 30 lbs unless your doc tells you otherwise.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My doctor told me anything that weighs more than my toddler, I should not lift. So I would say 25-30 pounds.. But you need to lift the proper way. I still don't pick up my toddler.. just to be on the safe side.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Everytime I was pregnant, I still did. I constantly moved furniture around, just look at it this way, if you are staining yourself, you'll know when to stop.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was never told not to lift stuff while pregnant.  Heck I was 7 months pregnant and moved across town and did it almost entirely on my own.  Packed it all up and hefted the heavy boxes into our pick-up, drove them across town and unloaded them.  The only thing I didn't lift was stuff I wouldn't have been able to lift while not pregnant.  I was also packing up to move while pregnant this last time and lifting and moving heavy boxes.  Also when I was first pregnant with my oldest I was working and part of my job required me to lift 50lb boxes of seafood and I did it because it was my job.  The only problems I ever had was pulling muscles in my back...which I would have done even if I wasn't pregnant.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010