Where do you find your "new" recipes?

I am getting a little bored with making the "same old-same old"...where do you ladies find new recipes to try? Nothing too eccentric or "weird", and easy-to-find ingredients are a plus? TV shows? If so, which ones? Magazines? Cook books? Web sites? Please share.

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like to go to the library and check out cook books. Then I look at them and see if there is anything that makes my mouth water and try it.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 6:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i like betterrecipes.com and allrecipes.com. and better homes and gardens magazine
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree with allrecipes, and I go to Kraft.com.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I like cooks.com you just type in what you're looking for and recipies pop up.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The Betty Crocker app on my iphone, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I use www.food.com and www.allrecipes.com and www.cooks.com. Often I'm looking for a recipe to use an ingredient that I have so I'll type the ingredient in Google and then spend some time looking at recipes.
    I have found some tasty recipes in All You magazine and Food Network magazine.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i google ingredients i like to see what kinda recipes show up!
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 5:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• www.allrecipes.com is the greatest!!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 5:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Food TV, Rachel Ray when I need quick stuff, Bobby Flay for grilling, Paula Deen for comfort food and laughter, Sandra Lee for using new ways to fix old favorites a little more healthy. I go to the library and find a few cook books that have lots of pictures. Most libraries have a friends book store and I will buy those small cook books by the cash register at the grocery store. They are usually .25 at the book store and $3 at the grocery store. Some of my favorites are Pillsbury and Grandma's Casseroles. When I go to a potluck if I like something I will ask for the recipe.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• A friend and I swap recipes - she has a friend who likes to experiement so she passes recipes to my friend, who tries them and sends them to me. I do the same, I like to experiment and I tell her what comes out good in my kids' opinions! My mom often gives me ideas, and my mom-in-law...one grocery store (my favorite one) always always always has at least 4 recipes in their weekly sales flyer plus more online (all using ingredients that are on sale that week!), plus they have a monthly publication that is stuffed into your grocery sack (it's a big magazine, the size of a normal magazine, and at least 1/4 inch thick) that's full of recipes and food ideas...I love allrecipes.com too, I can put in ingredients I have and ones I don't want and it'll give me recipes.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2010