inducin???

can they induce you before 38 weeks if you been havin horrible pain jus wonderin

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is up to your doctor and why you're in so much pain also. I hope that everything is ok and you should call to talk to your doctor about it!
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• they might if it's medically necessary...i think they consider around 36 weeks ok to deliver. but if you or the baby is in danger then they will induce you.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• well I know they say 37 weeks is full term. You need to discuss with the dr. He can decide if it's best based on your personal health. Don't be afraid to call your nurse. they are there to help.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• it depends on the pain and the doctor. some aches and pains are normal.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would not agree to induction unless there is a medical indication that waiting for natural labor puts either your baby or yourself in real danger. I have seen too many failed inductions and too much unnecessary pain and suffering that result from them. The pain you are feeling is probably natural. It's your body getting ready for the real labor process that will begin when it and your baby are ready for it to be born. Both you and your baby will be better off if you wait.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• What kind of pain are you taking about?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My OB was ok with me delivering at 35 weeks, but she would not induce before 40 unless medically necessary.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010