How much TV does your 1-4 year olds watch on the average day at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Usually none, but once in a while 1 or 2 half hour shows.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We never had it on for more than an hour a day when Julita was that age (and up- we'd watch shows sometimes after she went to bed). Now I still stick to the one hour a day rule, unless it's a special - and that's rare.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• alot... i admit i do not limit TV time, we live in a small town and don't have a very big house so there isn't much else for them to do, i've been trying to take them to the parks more often but i'm not good in the sun :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We never have the TV on when the girls are awake. There are tons of other things we can do, mostly outside. My dh watches the news at night when they are asleep.
    Nykyria

Answer by Nykyria at 3:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• 2yo watches none
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• In the morning we watch 30-1hr to wake up.. After that tv goes off for the day, that is the only cartoons she watches.
    But me.dh & my mom live together so when my mom gets home she has to have the tv on. So whatever mom watches is on..
    Rarely dd will watch another hour at night but thats very rare & i gotta be very tired/sick/stressed for that to happen.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• 0 to 30min
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Early morning tv while I shower and then some tv in the evening. Sometimes he watches during the day too if rainy or I'm busy BUT he is only allowed to watch educational shows! Pretty much anything on Discovery, History, Animal Planet, Travel etc. We homeschool and he is 5. I don't think tv is the devil-- just the shows you choose to watch. As for cartoons, it's very limited, maybe an hour or so a week!
    antivaccinemom

Answer by antivaccinemom at 3:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Maybe 20 minutes total. He'll watch the TV for maybe a minute if I'm lucky and then he's on to his next activity lol. Not that I believe in making the TV the babysitter but sometimes I wish he would just sit and watch an entire program or movie so I can get a chance to get things done or relax myself! But I suppose in the long run it's better this way lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm not sure how much he actually watches. The TV is on all day, but for the most part, he's playing with his cars, coloring, or smashing his play-doh.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 3:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010