Underage Drinking is the norm here! I need ADVICE, PLEASE!

Okay, so my SO and I have a toddler. My SO has two older sons from his first marriage (she died years ago) that live with us; they are 20 and 26 years old. Their friends come over to party every night and the majority of their friends are underage. I've said since day one that I do not agree and it should not be happening here with our baby in the house. He keeps telling me that I am being a bitch by getting upset over this.

I want them to STOP partying here and needless to say STOP allowing their friends to come in and out all night long and all day long. They wake the baby every night!

What can I do to get these idots to go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• IN ADDITION, NONE OF THEM HAVE A JOB!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't know where you are from but it illegal and you could go to jail for it because they are doing this in your house. I was once told by a cop (friend of the family) that you could lose your house and custody of the kids. I would check into it and have a chat with your hubby. Losing your child is not worth it.
    Anonymous

• If your SO doesn't respect your wishes, then I think its time that you re evaluate your relationship. I am very sorry that you are having to deal wih all of this mess, just keep your chin up. Its about time that his children move out of the home any how. They are both over the age of 18. Let me know what happens..
    ambertink

Answer by ambertink at 11:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Uh 20 and 26? They need to move out and get jobs, u and your SO should be able to provide the kind of envioment to want for your little ones. It sounds like they have no respect for you two, time to teach them how the real world works.
    musiclovingmomm

Answer by musiclovingmomm at 11:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i'm sorry to be blunt on this and i am not tring to be mean but why is the 2 guys in there 20's lving with you guy anyway? why can't they get jobs? does your hubby want to support them for the rest of your lives? i am sorry but they are old enough to know how the world works and they need to learn how to take care of there selfs not living off of the parents. they aren't learning anything at all but showing there friends that it ok to run your guys house and the spoiling needs to stop and oh yeah u can get jail and there parents can press charges on you guys for letting them drink and the fine isn't very nice i know this cause a friend of mine got in trouble with this and all the parents took the person to court because 1 kid hit a guy and killed him and my friend didn't even buy the beer but let them partied there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• IF YOU HAVE A CELL CALL THE COPS WHERE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU AND COMPLAIN BUT ACT LIKE YOUR NEXT DOOR TELL THEM IT THESE BOYS THAT ARE DRINKING BUT MAKE SURE THE COPS CAN SEE THEM DRINKING OUT FRONT BUT ALL THEY WILL GET IS A DRINKING TICKET BUT YOUR BOYS WILL GET A FINE FOR ALL THE UNDERAGE KIDS MY HUBBY SAYS ITS 150.00 PER KID UNDERAGE. ITS NICE TO HAVE A HUBBY AS A COP..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It's your house and they're underage- you're looking at jail time for "providing" alcohol to minors- even though you're not actually giving it to them. God forbid one of them boys leave your house drunk (or even drinking) and they get in a wreck and kill themselves or someone else! You're getting a big fat charge on you...murder/homicide, etc.
    Not worth it to me!!!!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• MY SO HAS ALWAYS ALLOWED THIS! They will still be living here at home until they are 50 years old! MY SO keeps asking me what I was doing at their age and I was living several states away in my own place and NEVER EVER doing this crap! HE ALLOWS THIS AND THINKS IT IS OKAY AND TELLS ME I AM A BITCH FOR COMPLAINING!

What can I do to get these people to understand that I am serious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If he's allowing this, you should leave. You are in danger of going to jail and losing custody of your child to the child protective services in your state. Since you aren't married, find somewhere else to lay your head. Blessings!
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 1:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• tell him the underage drinking goes or you and the baby go
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2008