What is this fence good for?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/07/27/ac.tuchman.border.fence.cnn?hpt=Sbin

Asked by older at 3:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Did they really think a fence would keep people out? Unless it is manned by sharp shooters 24/7 people will still come in. What a HUGE waste of money and resources!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• (Madge cartoon)

Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately: illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, and alligators attacking people in Florida. Not me. I concentrate on solutions for the problems. It's a win- win situation. + Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border. + Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levies. + Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border. Any other problems you would like for me to solve today?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Thank you musicmom, I couldn't get it to work!

Comment by older (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No problem.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Hey jesse, pass along your solution to the proper channels!!!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Jesse--my apologies, you cited the CARTOON from which you got your brilliant idea.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Not my brilliant idea. Just a solution for 3 problems. Wasn't meant to be serious - just a chuckle. Sorry you don't have a sense of humor about an issue that won't be solved in this forum. Thanks for realizing I didn't claim it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well, when driving along I8 from California to Arizona, one can see the border of the country! It is a great geographical marker--but as far as it being a deterrent to illegal immigration, um, not so much. It is a chain link fence---period. Who's idea was it to have a chain link fence as a serious immigration solution?

Oh and Jesse, I received that crass chain email too.  Shame on you for acting like you came up with it! 

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• They just thought it would work because they tested it on the dumbest politician they could find.LOL After all Obama couldn't get through it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010