getting a job

i've been a stay at home mom since december 2006....and now no one will hire me... any suggestions for updating the resume? or should i scrap it and just say i have no work experience? i've been my husband's personal assistant since i quit working in 2006 though.

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• update your resume w/ your assistance job! Be specific about your job description. This definately counts as job experience!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• What is your work experience? I wouldn't scrap the resume, you just have to tweak it for each job you apply for. What kind of job are you looking for? Don't get discouraged, its tough to get a job right now. You can go to your local unemployment office and ask for help finding a job. They also have classes to help you with ways to apply for jobs. When you apply, I would just let the employer know that you have been a SAHM since '06, hence the gap in your resume.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have an AA and a degree as an Office Information Specialist. Bascially, I am an Administrative Assistant. I'm concerned too, bc I left my last job due to complications with my first pregnancy.
    dragonlady320

Comment by dragonlady320 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Consider looking into a temp agency it might get your foot in the door sort of speak. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010