ive tried every thing to loose weight and nothing seems to work what else can i do?

ive taken slim quick, shakes to help fill me up, ive exercised like heck, and i eat healthy but nothing is working

tattoomommy302

Asked by tattoomommy302 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• have you tried like a low carb diet? Talk to your family doctor and ask about it. Mine put me on a diet pill and a low carb diet. A lot of mine was also my depo shot was keeping me from losing weight so i changed birth control methods and am on the low estrogen pills and it helped some.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• have you tried just counting calories and regular (not extreme) exercise? There are several sites on which you can track your calories. I like LiveStrong.com
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 3:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I would first (if you haven't already) check with your Dr. to see if something could be medically wrong. I know thyroid problems can cause you to gain weight and makes it very hard to lose. I tried a lot of different things as well and the only thing I have found that works for me is a book called Ten Years Thinner, by Christine Lydon. It also has a great exersize program that is very simple to do at home and on a tight schedule. It is not a hard program to follow or stick with. I lost 30 lbs by following her advice, then I got pregnant, so my weight loss is on hold for a while. GL, I hope you can find something that works for you.
    bright3y3s

Answer by bright3y3s at 3:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.

drink lots of water.
    have 30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up in the morning with less than 10 grams of net carbs.

MOVE!!!
    even if it's parking further away at the store, or walking around the block.
    there are videos on fitness websties and youtube.
    you can use household items as weights.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Have your thyroid and insulin levels checked. Both can bottom out your metabolism making it hard if not impossible to lose weight.
    nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 9:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2010