2year old girl need help with potty training

Hello everyone. I am a mother of and almsot 2year old little girl. We started potty training over a month ago and she was doing great. We did the naked potty training. We would just put her in a tshirt and no undies and she did all her buisness in the potty. Now here within the last two weeks we have added panties. Now she does nothing but pee and poo in them, but if no panties on she goes to the potty. Please if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am all out of ideas. I have done the rewarding and prasing and nothing seems to work.

Thanks

USMCWifey0808

Asked by USMCWifey0808 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2nd son was like that. I would dress him in the morning and told him that was all the clothes he got. If he wet them, the clothes came off and he was naked the rest of the day. He started doing better and after a few days or a week he was staying dry all week. We had an episode last week where he wet his pants. I made him go naked again and he hasn't had an accident since.

Maybe pick out a favorite outfit for her so it will be more upsetting that she has to go naked.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You may have to let her go naked a bit longer. The sensation of the cloth is likely triggering the elimination response like a diaper. Remember that she's been used to eliminating in something against her genitals for 2 years. She needs time to adapt.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010