Do you feel your age?

I'm 40 and honestly, I feel like someone who is much younger at times. I'm in better shape and healthier than I was in my 20's and 30's, I love listening to current hits on the radio (anything current--I've always listened to the current trend in music, though I still love listening to 80's music and a few other genres as well). I have a 3 year old son and he keeps me feeling pretty young too.

But then at the same time, I see people my age who are already grandparents, who are CEOs or Vice Presidents of companies (not that I desire to be one, just giving examples), who have new cars and big houses (and I'm stuck driving a car that's 12 years old) and I think "This is all I have to show for my life," and I get disappointed (I'm fine with being an older mom of a young child however, don't get me wrong!).

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I'll be 47 in Oct.

I feel better, Look better (IMO.lol), am healthier, happy, more satisfied and content with my life..etc.. Than I ever was when I was younger. I feel much younger than my actual age, really.

I've done and accomplished many things that I have wanted to in this lifetime. I've learned who I am, what I am, what makes me happy, and what I want out of life. And I have also accepted those things as well. I'm not envious of what anyone else may have, or anyone else's accomplishments. Because I have my own. I'm not envious of anyone else's lives, because I'm quite happy and content with my own.

I actually have really and truly enjoyed getting older. I love everything I've learned and experienced. (good and bad.. it may have sucked when I was going through it. but it helped to make me the woman I am today)

My only child is 18. Heading out on his own life journey. And I'm ready to start my next one
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I am 31.. I feel like I am 16 sometimes - relying on my mom for support or help fixing things.. although we have our own house and never asked for financial help from either side - I feel like there's that typical "mom" look and that I don't have it... I feel inadequate in many area's and I think that makes me feel young / immature also - then sometimes I feel like I Should be 60 - we never want to go out and we've made our son our whole life, which apparently is wrong according to the rest of the world.. I guess really it depends on the day/ mood.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I am 25, and I feel like I am 40...LOL I have 3 kids, and I have been married since I was 18 years old. I am not very healthy at the moment, (though I am working on it), and most of the time I just want to take a nap. :)
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 3:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Depending on what's going on at the time, sometimes I feel atleast 20 years older, and sometimes I just feel my age.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Funny...I feel much older. I just turned 23 but sometimes I feel like I'm 30. I'm worried and working towards things most of the friends my age can't fathom (even those with kids..) and I lived like I was in my early 20s in my teens so I've been thru more already than a lot of people my age. In a way I feel lucky though, because I can feel old but still know I'm young. Gives me a chance to stay motivated and time to accomplish the things I want in life. Just hope I can keep my head on straight lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I feel about 10 years younger than my age. Probably bc I take better care of myself than when I was 10 years younger: eat better, drink less and get more regular sleep.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I get mad at DH because he won't stick with a job long enough for us to get ahead. He'll stay with with it for 2-4 years, decides he's had enough and quits (or screws up so much he gets fired). I fear that's what's keeping him from getting a job now, his job hopping (which his brother had done too). I've stayed with the same company since 2003. There are times I just want to give in and quit, but I don't because I have responsibilities. When he's working, we get so comfortable, we don't think to plan ahead. But that will have to change after he's working again.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Good luck jessicarae, that sounds like a good place to be. I hope you're able to accomplish the things you want. :)
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010