My daughter is nearing 11 months and is just starting to accept cheerios and puffs.

Not eating much more with texture. I wrote once before. Apart from just putting foods in front of her , eating with her and being relaxed about it, any other suggestions? I ordered "Baby-Led Weaning" on line, haven't gotten it yet but am hoping there are some pointers for me although we are starting late with that. I am very much regretting having given her pureed food but now I need help getting her to eat lumpy or textured food. She is healthy and big for her age and no, I don't overdo the formula. I feel at a bit of a loss and don't know if just placing food in front of her and letting her go at her own pace is sufficient.

whogoo

Asked by whogoo at 3:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she will eat when she is ready. i would offer her food from your plate each time you eat. as the formula wil only be there another month. and if you still have trouble after she is 12 months they have toddler formula and also pediasure to ensure propper nutrition, good luck.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Make yourself a meal where everything is something she can eat if properly mashed or broken up, and offer her what you're having.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Continue to share meals. If she eats she eats. It's okay if she doesn't eat much. her nutrition comes from formula. Have you tried fork mushed avocado, ripe pear, sweet potato, banana, and butternut squash? something she can squash and experiment with? Will she take samples from your fingers? I wouldn't give her puffs... they dissolve as soon as they hit the mouth...they are just air and they don't provide practice or nutrition.

Does she gag or just no recognize it as food?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010