Anyone ever homechurch?

Do you ever stay home as a family and hold a church service with just your family or with other like-minded families? What have you liked about this type of service? Has it caused your Dh to grow spiritually as he took on the responsibility of leading your family instead of relying on someone else to do so? Thanks for sharing your experience.

GrowingMama

Asked by GrowingMama at 12:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Indian Christians do this alot. THey have prayer meetings andit usually involves family members and friends and a member who is involved in church but will do his own preaching. Its actually a good way to keep family values and and feelings in the family and its convenient way to talk about religion without driving to church. I feel its a blessing if its held in your home and I think its a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• We attempted something like this when I was a child, however, there was little religious leadership for the youth. Us kids ended up watching TV while the adults had their church time. My parents weren't happy with it, so we went back to a normal service.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• That is probably the best way to practice spirituality. It is a very personal thing.
    greenfairy9

Answer by greenfairy9 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am a member of a great spiritual group. My friends hold regular meetings in their home and there's usually about 10 of us who attend. It IS a great feeling to be with others who are on the same path as you. It's very uplifting and powerful feeling. You get that positive energy just flowing around everyone and it's almost electric. I feel so wonderful during and after these meetings.

I've also held a couple little "rituals" in my home, where we just basically read a prayer and give thanks to Azna (Mother God). It's usually nothing all that fantastic since it's usually just me and my kids but it's nice.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yes. We did it for about 3 years when I was 13-16. Most of the time it was at our house (there were anywhere between 7 and 13 of us) simply because we had the most space, but sometimes other people would host it. We started this because we lost our church building. Most people moved on to other churches, but we enjoyed the fellowship with one another. It actually went quite well, but we eventually moved on.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• this is what we do in my home while waiting to find a new home church that is truly under gods leading. My husband has matured spitiually and we are much closer. I wouldnt reccomend it for the long term but short term works great (bibole says to not forsake the assembling of ourselves)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2008