Have You Ever Been Scammed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes. I was 18 and thought I could get a good job with an airline if I "registered" with this company. It cost me $350 to get the application package that was available FOR FREE on the airline web-site + a dumb pamphlet with "tips" for job hunting. [I could have bought a book for $10 with the same info.]

Lesson Learned!
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 4:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Nope, but someone tried to quick-change me at work once. He asked for change, and then he started trying to get me to do two things at once. At that point, I got confused, but I realized what he was up to, so I told him he had to go to the service desk for change and shut my drawer.

I also got an email from the bank telling me that they needed my account number and pin for whatever reason. Whoever was sending them out obviously didn't research the bank customers that well, because I didn't have an account with that bank, and I never have.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 4:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was a part of a scam and had no idea. He first befriended and scammed me an a few other people then he used us to scam others. We had nook idea! When I started to notice some very weird behaiour and business practices I finaly was able to explain to others that we were being scammed. I was gaining his trust more then the others so he let me see more then evryone. I played it cool until we got back into town and went staight to the police. I couldn't believe that I helped scam people and didn't know. I was deppressed for a whle after. They never were able to charge him with anything be ause he was very good at not leaving atrail and so he once again was off to do it again to who knows who
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 4:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sorry for all the typos, I'm using my iPhone
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 4:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010