I'm now a single mother and I'm struggling to make ends meet does anyone know of any grants I may could get i tried for daycare assistance, and food stamps, but they say i make too much money I need help somehow but don't know where to turn

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try going to your local churches for help
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• If you make too much, you'll have to trim the budget and cut back on everything that is not absolutely necessary. It's tough, but I do it myself. Good luck.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• sometimes they may say you make too much.. but that is a bunch of CROCK...cause specially if you are commission they assume a set per month income.. and not always is it accurate... i know my friend dont qualify but after bills has NOTHING left maybe 200 a month for gas to/from work ..diapers for two.. and groceries!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Do you get child support? You can file for the dad to pay 1/2 the cost of daycare. My DH had to pay CS and 1/2 the cost of daycare for his daughter.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm so sorry. The states and in such financial trouble that they are cutting programs. I was a single mother and struggled for over 20 years.

You might try finding someone to barter child care with. If you could find someone that worked different hours than you then you could take care of their child when they worked and they could take of your child when you worked. If the kids are easy to care for then it could work. If you work weekdays maybe you could find a nurse that works 12 hour shifts on weekends or someone that works nights. Make the deal that you treat the child as your own and can take the child shopping and to do your normal stuff. I did unusual stuff like this.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010