Why do people care about Obamas Religion really?

What is the reason about this back and forth about his religion...
Who cares?
Does it really make a difference?
Are you people scared that he may have ties to Al Quida?
Be Honest...But be respectful as well.
Im not sure if this question was asked previously, but I was reading something and his religion kept coming up and was wondering why???

MaiasMommy619

Asked by MaiasMommy619 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think people are scared of someone that believes something different than them! People claim to be so "tolerant" but they really aren't. It's sad.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• What you believe says ALLOT of who you are as a person. Why was it okay for Mitt Romney's religion to be questioned and ripped into, but when it comes to Obama we should respect his religion and not ask any questions?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I dont know what exactly Mormons believe but I dont see why it was an issue? (Mitt Romney)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm not an Obama fan or supporter but I did do my research. People keep trying to say that he is muslim and he says he's Christian... this is what I found out.
    Obama's father Obama Sr. was muslim however they separated when Obama was young (2 yrs old) and his father returned to Kenya... she remaried and her 2nd husband who was also muslim and they moved to Jakarta and Obama attended school there until he was 10 at which time he returned to hawaii to live with his mother parents. His parents were raised methodist and baptist but they attended a unitarian church. For most of his years after the age of 10 he lived with his maternal grandparents going to a "christian" church.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Mormonism teaches that men can become gods of their own planets if they live a good enough life here and continue to be exalted to godhood. So there is no way that I, in my right mind, could vote for a man that believes that because he would have to be out of his mind.

Obama, if a Muslim and connected to Al Quaeda, believes Christians, Jews, and all non-Muslims - the infidels of the world - should be killed. Why would I want to vote for this man unless I was a muslim? There are too many questions surrounding his beliefs or lack thereof. He claims to be a Christian but supports nothing that Christianity supports. Why not? No one knows. Where is this man's family? No one knows that either. There are just too many unanswered questions with this guy. I won't vote for him because I'm not a socialist and everything he's spoken for thus far is socialism. But his religion or lack of is important because it says who he really is.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 12:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I understand what you are trying to say about the conection to AL-Quieda but that is just a certain group of people that do that..not ALL Muslims believe or follow this men. I know plenty of Muslims that would spit on those people, and actually have denounced them of being Muslim. And I think that it is true, if those men were really Muslim, they would not do what they are doing...I mean who really knows about the connection from Obama to the group, there may be none, but I do agree there is too much we do not know about his background and that is scary!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Answered at 11:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 by: GrowingMama
    Obama, if a Muslim and connected to Al Quaeda, believes Christians, Jews, and all non-Muslims - the infidels of the world - should be killed. Why would I want to vote for this man unless I was a muslim?

So are you stating that all Muslims are like that? I do not know any Muslims that would support Al-Quida or their beliefs...not starting a fight just wondering...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• the religious beliefs of a possible commander in chief is always important. why? because there is such diversity in our country, most want to be sure they can live with someone that is close to their beliefs, if not the same. separation of church and state looks good on paper, but try to tell that to the heart...of a believer or non-believer.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Again.....
    1) Obama is not a muslim... the two people in his life - father and step father that were muslims were out of his life by age 10 and he lived with his grandparents (not muslims)
    2) No.. not all Muslims are like this... terrorists are radical muslims (not all muslims are terrorists)

I'm defending Obama and I'm a republican, Christian, McCain supporter... wow. But truth is truth.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• lol..thanks bonn777 :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008