What's your celebrity brush?

Ever have an inadvertent brush with a celebrity? What was it? Now I met George Takei, Collin Raye (and a few others) but they were at an autograph signing events so I'm not counting them.

For me, it was over something sad. I used to work in death claims and I handled the death claim of Weird Al Yankovic's parents. They had died in a tragic accident in their home. When we had gotten the death certificates I remembered reading about what happened to them a few months before. I had to send him a condolence letter as part of the claim process. It felt very strange in a way. Here was a man who I'd been a fan of for years (still am) and I was having to explain his parents death benefits to him (not literally since we used templates).

Now here it is a a few years later and he's going to be in concert tomorrow night and we can't afford to go. Anyway, that's why I posted this, I was just thinking about it.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• I've had lots, I used to work at a high end resort. my favorites were Emma Thompson and Terry Jones from Monty Python. the one that threw me was when the married couple from Thirtysomething was staying, and I didn't know it. It's kind of shocking to knock on a door and have it answered by two characters from one of your favorite shows.

My best "actually was trying to meet" was, hands down, James Marsters at Wondercon this year. (Spike from Buffy). He's gorgeous, with incredible blue eyes, and could not be nicer.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:45 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I saw Tanya Harding once in Oregon, and I loved her when i was little.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• autodidact - I would have fainted and then been kicked out of the whole event for trying to make out with him (James Marsters). If I didn't injure myself from fainting. And while I've always been more of a Nicholas Brendon fan (I love Xander, what can I say?), I would have died to see SPIKE! LMFAO color me green with envy!
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh and on a less than serious note, in 1988, I received a phone call from one of the actors of my favorite TV show. I was such a fan I wrote them letters constantly (I'd be considered a stalker these days, LOL) and even sent an invite to my graduation. Oh I wasn't deluded enough to think they would come, but I didn't have many people to send them to anyway so I figured 'Eh, why not." Stupidly I can't remember his name (I have an autographed pic of him too, but it's in my parents house back in TN) and the two shows he was on (he played Jamie Frame on Another World--but that isn't the show I watched) doesn't have his characters listed on imdb.com.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010