Do you know of any reason why my daughter does not like to be in her tummy?

She is 3mos old and everytime i put her on her tummy for tummy time she starts crying like crazy help!

Kazeaka

Asked by Kazeaka at 12:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to let her cry for a couple of minutes. she may not like it, but she has to do it for her to strengthen her neck muscles. not too long, just a couple of minutes. and then go from there. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• What I did with Kaylee was I put her on her tummy until she started fussing, and then I rolled her back over, and a little later I tried again. Mostly Kaylee fussed because she was having a hard time holding her head up, mainly just getting frustrated. She would scream cause she was on her back, so I would put her on her belly, and then she would scream cause she was on her belly!
    Just keep at it, it is good for her to practice holding her head up, and as she gets better at it she wont be as fussy when its time for tummy time.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My son was the same way, screaming and crying everytime I put him on his tummy. I found that putting a toy with a mirror on it, my activity mat had one, down so he could see himself helped alot as well as laying on floor with him. I would also lay down tummy to tummy with him and let him start getting used to it that way, it seemed to help with him. Good luck!
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• tummy time is important but you can try putting a boppy pillow under her or get down with her or even show her and try to make it fun be silly laugh play with her and you know what she might only tolerate it for a few seconds but that's ok just keep doing and picking her when she needs it cause if not she will keep hating it and think of it as a punishment just like thay say not to let your baby cry in the crib were he sleeps the baby will associate the two together ya know
    motherofnikolai

Answer by motherofnikolai at 12:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Try getting down on the floor with her, playing peek a boo, playing with toys or mirrors etc. If you let her watch Baby Einstein, tummy time is a great time to do so. I would put my daughter on her tummy and that was the only time she was allowed to watch the movie. She would tolerate it because she loved watching the movie. Many babies hate tummy time because it is hard, and when they aren't able to do much they get frustrated and yell.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• She can't see around her, it's uncomfortable on her weak neck muscles, and the floor gets boring to look at. She won't like veggies either in a year or so. You'll still make her eat them.

She needs tummy time. Get down on the floor and make faces at her or dangle a toy for her to look at.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008