Any ideas for a job I could do just working Saturdays?

I'm a SAHM and we won't put our kids in daycare. But money is getting super tight. I was thinking about discussing with my husband the idea of me working Saturdays when he can be home with the kids. I won't work Sundays due to chuch, plus my husband needs a day off.

I feel like I will end up having to work at the mall doing something retail, or maybe even at Sam's Club. But I do have a Bachelor's degree and I'm a certified teacher. I was a receptionist when I was working my way through college.

Anyone have any Saturday job ideas for me?

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 4:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Check with a learning center like Sylvan or Erickson ... see if you can tutor on Saturdays.

And yes, retail and waitressing.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Tutoring! You have the degree and you can make beaucoup bucks being a tutor. Put an ad in the paper.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Tutor.. since you are a teacher.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 4:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Privately owned business like dress shops, shoe stores, jewelry shops etc. are the most busy on Saturdays. They may need the additional help just on that day. It's worth a try. Good luck!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Good question. Make sure you do the math and it is actually worth your while to drive(gas) and possibly purchase clothing to work 1 day a week. How many children do you have? Maybe you could nanny during the week for one in your home? You could put an ad on Craig's List as a SAHM looking for extra income to find someone near you looking for you to watch their little one. Especially once school starts.

Otherwise, I would want to work somewhere with a discount for things needed in the home. like a grocery or Costco....
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Bless you ladies. I just called our local Sylvan and they do need a teacher for just Saturdays. They pay $9 an hour.

love2snorkel70, I have 3 kids...2 toddlers and a baby. I so don't want to add a 4th child to that. LOL
    ThrivingMom

Comment by ThrivingMom (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Wyzant tutors also a good source for jobs. You can check them out online. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Try your local automobile dealerships. They always need someone to answer phones and the people that work during the week would like to have Saturdays off. Most of them will even provide your lunch!! Good luck!!
    magnolia4

Answer by magnolia4 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Great news! I , too have 3 little ones and have been debating how I might earn some loot aside from eBay...
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I CAN HELP! Years ago, my mentor taught me a very valuable lesson......."Don't focus on how to cut back. Focus on how to make more $$$. Take control of your life instead of letting life control you" ....I have lived by that for nearly 20 years. Have had several businesses and have taken advantage of opportunities because I have kept an open mind.

Right now, I am looking for people who are serious about making money to join my team, and am having trouble finding anyone. Seems everybody just wants to complain...but like my mentor said..."Take control!" If you are really tired of living paycheck to paycheck, just email me and I will share. The opportunities are there, you just have to learn how to recognize them.
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 8:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010