I need a good, thick, frosting that will be good to decorate.

I'm making and elaborately decorating cupcakes for my DD's birthday. I need a sturdy frosting that will make a nice, even mound, and hold up well under decorations. Tasty, too! Made from scratch is usually the way i loke to go, but if you know of a fail safe store brand, I'm willing to go there, too. I love cream cheese frosting, but the DD isn't thrilled with it. I need something sweet, to top decadent, chocolate cuppy cakes!

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 4:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You might try the Wilton website. I love cupcakes. My grandson is allergic to wheat and eggs so that took all the fun out of cupcakes. If I make them I have to hide them really well and I feel guilty. Brownies too.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Sift powdered sugar, and mix with softened margarine (or butter). I use land o lakes margarine, always have. The ratio, IDK. I eyeball it. About a tablespoon or two of milk, a little vanilla extract, and beat until blended. The constancy depends on how think you need it. You can also make it chocolate by just adding cocoa powder. I make this when I make my kids birthday cakes, everyone loves it. You can also use half margarine and half cream cheese for a light cream cheese flavor. It holds up well.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2010