Nasonex...

Has anyone had problems with using Nasonex on their toddler? My 5 yr old has to take Nasonex, Zyrtec and Pataday eye drops DAILY to control his allergies! :( I've heard nasonex isn't good for kids, but my Pediatrician is also not an idiot? Any one ever used it and had problems??

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My son is almost 3, and he has to use nasonex every day, along with 2 other medicines because of his allergies. He actually has hearing loss because of how severe they are. Nasonex really helps him to breathe, especially at night, and we have had no problems at all.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 5:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Nasonex & zyrtec have been used on my 2 y.o. with no problems for the last 6 months.
    ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 7:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• manufacturer recommended dosing starts at age 2. most of the issues conserning medications are because of improper usage . if used correctly nasal sprays are very usefull and safe. but always read warning signs about adverse affects, keeping in mind they have to report all side affects even those only present in a very small part of the population.
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010

• DD has been on since 2 she will be 4 in Nov. and its a huge help with her allergies and er have never had any problem and trust me am on that if i feel it not safe I will not use , she also has great doctors
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 9:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010