would it harm a 2yr old (emotional) if she was to be without her father???

i love my bf but im not super happy with him n not only that but he really dnt help me with my 2 yr old like a dad sure he thinks im like a super mom or something im thinking on leaving him n leaving with my mom that lives out of state from from where we live know but im scared that my bby would miss him n tell me later why did i take her dad away from her, im really confuse by all this but i've tried my best to open his eyes but nothing yet! n answers will be appraceated thanks =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• A child can be hurt with or without a father. A child can also be healthy and happy with or without a father. A child is not a reason to stay together.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• She will probably upset with you for it. How do you know he won't sue you for custody? Fathers win everyday in cases like yours. Why don't you get a job where you are and get a place of your own and share custody? What makes you the better parent?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I agree with you aliceinalgonac !!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• some children do just fine without a dad, some dont. have you tried telling him about these problems?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• A child at any age can suffer some sort of loss for having to grow up without their dad in the home, however, if the child can visit the father thru out her life she should be okay.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 4:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think you need to do what you think is best. If you think you need to live with your mother to raise your child better than do it. Her father can come visit.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• A girl growing up without a father (I mean complete absence - not a shared custody situation) has a great potential for having difficulties with long term relationships with men when she is an adult. Hopefully you stay in touch with this man and he is good to her emotionally and makes her feel loved even if he can't be around.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Honestly it sounds like something you two can work on, try counceling first
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i think you need to do what is best for yourself. what is best for your child is to learn how to follow happiness and not bend to the expectations of others but find truth and strength from inside. this said, make sure you are doing this for the right reasons rather than vengeance or manipulation - i do sense a little of that in your post. i raised my daughter her whole life without her father because he nearly killed her as an infant - she is now 19 and is an independent strong woman. every child is different. although some girls might suffer, for others it is more damaging and confusing to have a half-assed relationship with a father who doesn't know how to parent. if you surround your child with love and loving people, this is ultimately what will determine her emotional health. but you should consider that maybe he just doesn't know what to do... if you want to try to coparent, there are classes.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't move if I were you, even if he is not the worlds best father she will grow up having him in her life and knowing he loves her. You can't replace that with anything else. I am glad you are thinking of her. A lot of parents just do whatever they want and don't care. Good job mama!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010