Typical meal for your toddler?

I am in a rut. It needs to be healthy... :)

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son hates veggies and my 18 mo old is teething so we've got a few picky eaters. My kids gets peaches, pears or mandarin oranges at every meal, they get V8 Fusion juice with breakfast. I slip boiled cauliflower into mac and cheese, mashed sweet potatoes into pizza sauce, s'ghetti sauce.... shredded carrots into anything that gets shredded cheese!! nearly undetectable! ;)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• whole wheat pasta and broccoli
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Shreaded leftover steak, smashed microwaved potato with cheese, carrots, strawberries. He is allergic to wheat and eggs so that eliminates breads and pastas. He is also allergic to rice.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Breakfast we usually have a fruit porridge. This is equal amounts of dates, bananas and apples blended with a pinch of cinnamon. Absolutely love this, its calorie dense and just awesome. My son loves it too.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We eat pasta a TON! It's one of his favorites.
    He really loves when I make mac and cheese with a garlic cheese sauce and I add a normandy blend of veges (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) and sometimes I add diced chicken.

Of coarse kids like pizza, so ours is always a vege pizza and he thinks that is great too!

My son really likes soup... minestrone is a favorite, as well as broccoli soup and chicken noodle

I've been making sandwiches like PB and J  but instread of the jelly I use fruit... so PB and banana or PB and strawberries.

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Ive been in such a rut too, these are some great ideas.
    I have been resorting to frozen pastas lol.
    My dd likes cream cheese toast, or any deli meat with creamcheese!
    If I cant think of a good meal I will just give her a bit of this and abit of that...handful of peas, blueberries, cheese, and crackers.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010