Do you let your little ones watch Nick Jr.?

If so what do they watch, and how often. If not why?

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes. I see nothing wrong with Nick Jr. My children love watching Dora the Explorer and Wonderpets.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes my son loves wonderpets... not sure how often thats really the only show he is into so not very often
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes, right now they watch more than they should....I am planning to move across country so I really need them out of my hair for awhile when I am taking care of business. After the move things will be back to normal. The oldest will be in school and the youngest will be occupied and we will be back to one hour a day.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 4:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• team oomizoomi is my kids favorite one but they also watcha few others, like dora, olivia, and yo gabba gabba. but they only watch 2 shows a day.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Nope. Nor Disney. The ONLY cartoons my kids watch are Curious George, Super Why, Word World, Dragon Tales, and Dinosaur Train. We have a DVR so I record them and let them watch them throught the day instead of the 3 hr block in the mornings. Each show is purely educational and I don't have to worry about them learning things not appropriate to their ages. ( my 3 that watch are 5, almost 4, and 18 months) :) I have friends with kids 3 and 4 that let them watch iCarly, Wizards of Waverly- stuff my 13 yr old neice watches. They say they're amazed at how much they comprehend from theses "grown up" kids shows.....
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We do not have regular tv... the kids sometimes catch a video on the internet, but I do not pay for them to watch it.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes, my kids LOVE NickJr, they are only allowed to watch Dora, Diego, Team Umizoomi, & Max & Ruby... most other shows just annoy the heck out of me (not like umizoomi and max and ruby don't, but they love em :P) we also watch a lot of PBS, its more educational and not so many commercials/interruptions so i prefer it to be on PBS :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My son really likes Fresh Beat Band so we DVR it. He doesn't seem to care for cartoons so we don't usually have NickJr on. We also DVR Sesame Street. On average I'd say he watches perhaps 30-45 minutes of TV a day, all from the DVR.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 5:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• PS I like Wonderpets but my son doesn't. Lol!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 5:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My 17 month old dd watches Barney and Guess With Jess. I am torn with how much is too much.
    I was doing about an hour a day. But she has learned to say 'toons' and she follows me around or stand in front of the tv with this sad face saying it over and over. I try to distract her but she just likes having it on while she plays with her toys so I often end up having it on for like three or four hours at time...and that is ALOT of Barney!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010