Do you like one retail store over another and why?

Do you prefer Walmart, Kmart/Sears, or Target?If so what do you like about each store? I like Shopping at Target for some clothing, but its more suitable for kids, not adults. I like Walmart for underwear, bras, summer clothes and grocerys; especially the produce. Its fresh, cheap and from local farmers . Kmart has nice inexpensive clothing for adults and the variety of shoes. Love Sears for their sales in expensive Cologne ( Kmart/ Walmart has the cheap ones. Walmart has less of the same "stuff" but love the aveonce at Sears. Love Sears Perfume section too! And lounge wear! They also have great winter sales and great stuff for gifts at Holiday time) . I must say I love Walmarts for Chemicals. Its far less in costly than Kmart / Sears or Target. But what I like about Target is they have a "Clearance Day" once a week. Dont have to wait for summer or winter 4 clearance; its every week! But Love Walmart the Best!

emmidr

Asked by emmidr at 4:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• I like Target the best, but you'll always find me at Walmart lol. I think it's just because it's like down the street from my house and Target is a little further away. Kmart is about 30 mins away lol so I never go there anymore.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Of those three, I would choose Target. K-Mart/Sears never have what I need & I refuse to shop at Walmart.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i hate wal mart but it's the cheapest place around here on almost everything. target has some really cute kids clothes and shoes though
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I am not a fan of any of the above. Wal-Mart has horrible customer service and poor business practices, K-mart is not near me at all and Target has an insane return policy. But, if I must choose, I can be found in a Target occasionally.....
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was hoping to know why you dislike one reatil store over the other.I dislike Walmarts boxed buildings and how high the ceilings are and the Lights are so blinding sometimes. I get paranoid in those new buildings. Its why I like Sears for "shopping pleasure!I like to ENJOY the shopping experience. Why cant Walmart see that? Its just not saving moeny for shopping there!
    emmidr

Comment by emmidr (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I love Target. Their clothes and shoes are way more stylish than any other big box retailer. The stores are clean and neat and staffed with great people. Their groceries department is priced very well and the quality of their products is awesome. Last week I noticed that some of the Massimo brand clothing is actually made in AMERICA!

Don't get me started on Walmart.... As for Sears/Kmart, they have an identity crisis that they can't seem to solve. I have a Sears across the street and I go in their because they are across the street. You can find great deals in the Clearance department because it takes ups the most space in the store...they can't seem to sell anything in there on a normal day! My local Kmart is crap. The store is always a mess and dirty. They never have more than one register open... it is horrible. They have been banished!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• To Woodwitch. I feel that way about our Kmart, only one cashier (WTF) its why I avoid shopping at Kmart on a busy day! Forget about sale days. Kmart is the last place I want to be when they have a sale, because many times they dont have what they advertise. At least Walmart does! I once wanted this Valentine's heart necklace at Kmart and I am still waiting for it! Its been 5 years since I ordered it! Good thing I did not put any money down on it. Those 70% off sales on Kmarts jewelry is a waste of time. Every time they dont have anything but one on hand or shoudl I say had on hand.
    emmidr

Comment by emmidr (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I do most of my shopping at Target. But will go to Walmart for sales. I stay away from Kmart because they lost my honeymoon pictures 12 yrs ago and I am still mad about it.
    cubbies23

Answer by cubbies23 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm split between Kohl's (clothes, shoes, accessories) and JC Penney (house and home needs)...depends on what I'm looking for!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I prefer Target the most. I am not crazy about the quality of some things at Walmart! I do shop there but it is for school supplies, and cheap easy stuff but no clothes or shoes. I get that at Target or Old Navy cause when they are having a sale it rocks! There are no Kmarts near me and Sear smells funny to me LOL
    eden37

Answer by eden37 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2010