Pregnancy & Sex

I'm sorry for asking suck an off the wall question, but I am sure I am not the only wondering. Anyway, at what time in my pregnancy should we stop having sex or what precautions should I take?

turtleduck

Asked by turtleduck at 12:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No precautions or stopping of sex is necessary unless you have preterm labor issues. Otherwise, just look for positions that you can be comfortable in - lying on one's back after a few months isn't likely to be comfy and you'll feel all "squished", but from behind while leaning on the side of the bed is good. It takes all the pressure off the tummy area and works nicely. We wouldn't use it every time because we like to snuggle face to face, but at times when I'm really big it works. There are ways to face each other and work around the tummy, too, so just be creative! Sex during pg can be really fun if you make it that way.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 12:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• if you have a normal pregnancy then you stop when you are in labor but if you are high risk ask your doc first
    Kazeaka

Answer by Kazeaka at 12:11 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• with a normal pregnancy you only need to stop once ur waterbreaks
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Mommie2twogirls is spot on.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You only need to stop having sex once your water breaks, unless your doctor tells you otherwise (at that point, nothing should go in). Try to stay off your back, so you don't risk cutting off the blood flow to your baby. Other than that, everything is fine, including vibrators, anal sex, etc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• You're good girl unless the doc says to stop.
    Elsas_Mommy

Answer by Elsas_Mommy at 11:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008