My due date is tommorow?

How far past your due date did they let you go before inducing?

Danielle55

Asked by Danielle55 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They asked me if I wanted to be induced and gave me the option of it 5 days before my due date. My water broke on it's own a week early.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• They should let you go until you go on your own or the placenta starts to show signs of deteriorating. And it should be at least 42 weeks. But, probably you will only get to wait a day or two before they induce. I was 2 days past my EDD and went into labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I was a week early but my doctor said he would only allow 41 weeks.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My doc lets woman go up to 42 weeks then schedules the induction. I think most woman try to talk her into it before then but unless there is another reason she won't induce before the due date.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My midwife will let you go til 42 weeks.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Congrats! Don't even think about letting them induce before 2 weeks past your due date. I went 4 weeks past but it was in the old days, the 1970's. I went in every day to the doctors and had my bp checked and they checked the baby for awhile with the monitor (stress test) the last 2 weeks. My baby was 7 pounds 3 oz and had Apgars of 10. Normal vaginal birth with no interventions - no IV, pain meds, or anything.

http://www.preciouspassage.com/CIMS%20Fact%20Sheet%20on%20Induction.htm

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have had 2 children and I refused to go past my due date. I did all the excersies I could handle and my doc always told me that having sex will naturally induce labor.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 5:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my dr was goint to induce 5 days after my edd, but i went into labor. the doc i have this time waits a week.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My baby girl went 9 days past her due date.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• with my first I had a diffrent dr than I have now. That dr didn't do a lot that he should have, but I didn't know that then. Like he didn't check me for diabeties. I don't remember what else, but I do know there was other things he didn't check for. He didn't do a pap the first visit. He said if I waent past 40 weeks I would end up with a 10 pound baby and my hips were to small to deliver that big. I went in the day before my due date to be induced with cervidel. My water broke after 3 hours. She got stuck in the birth canal they had to do foprceps. I had her on my due date. The dr I have now wanted me early to make baby smaller it didn't work that way (being smaller) he asked me though if I wanted to be induced 5 days early I said yes I liked it with my first cause I was already at the hospital. The doctor broke my water
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010