my friends got the news then ran

Me and my friends are thrill junkies once I told them I was pregnant they all left me behind. I stay at home and wait for my boyfriend to get home (I had to quit work because they would not work with my doctors apt) I think yoga would be fun but doing everything alone sucks...anyone have some advice?

Asked by tattooedmomma10 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• make new friends who will be there for you in times of joy and who are moms. i lost my friends when i became a mother. yoga is good for pregnancy.

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Find some women that are pregnant and become friends with them

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry that happened. I say go ahead and try yoga (as long as doc says it's ok) and maybe you can make some new friends there.

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i like does suck to do things yoga would prob be a good start.

Answer by star33 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Where do you meet new friends when you graduated highschool and out of work and your work friends live an hr away? :(

Comment by tattooedmomma10 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Have you tried yet? You can meet a ton of people based on your interests and groups that you join. ;) Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy, take care.

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• its common for friends to disappear when you have major life changes...thats how you find your real friends, they stick around...its happened to me several times. you definately need to do something other than sit at home all day...take a class of some sort (yoga, a college course, something artsy) or find a part time job...or even do some volunteer work. you're obviously not gonna meet new people sitting at home all day. also keep in mind that you wont be preggo forever. there will come a day when your baby is about a year old that you start to feel a little like the old you again and some old friends often start popping up here and there to do things.

Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• get some friends that don't suck.

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It happens, they aren't in the same place in their life as you are. You will meet new friends throughout life, some will stick around, others will come and go. You are about to be so busy with your baby that it doesn't really matter. Be grateful for the "you" time you are getting.

Answer by MKSers at 12:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010