i have a male friend whom I have know for about 2 years that has recently started calling me sweetie and hon. what do u think that means?

We talk on daily basis but don't see each other unless I see him at work.

dragonlady44

Asked by dragonlady44 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think he likes you like that. I am pretty sure you would know if he did.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• he probably wants more than just a friendship. that would be my guess.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm thinking the same thing...Are you currently married? If you are I think its inappropriate for him to call you that...If your single is he someone you think of that way? Either way you should ask him whats up with that.  Keep us posted.

prettyhipmom

Answer by prettyhipmom at 5:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Someone who is hungry for love or attention will soak those words up like a sponge.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I hate it when they call those stupid names. It's like they can't remember your real name. Personally, I'd tell him it's insulting but you didn't ask what I'd do. I'd ask him why he's doing that.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Is this just recent? I know I call everyone sweetie. But honey is just for my honey.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• gay?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• He could be crushing on you or he just thinks of you as a close friend. I had a male friend who called me sweetie all the time and we were just best buddies.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• nothing at all cept you are close friends.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it is inappropriate to call anyone those kinds of names unless you have feelings for them. Someone married or in a relationship should only be calling the one they love those kinds of sweet names. Some people use it too freely...and to say it to someone who is desperate for love or affection...is soooo looking for trouble.
    Cochise