Sunburn (and my hubby is lucky I don't hurt him)...

My hubby took our boys to the water park on Saturday. He remembered to put sunscreen on their shoulders and arms and back but completely forgot about their faces! And he only put the sunscreen on once! They were there for 5 hours.

My oldest is alright, he's tanned out. But my 8 year old... he is hurting and uncomfortable and it's starting to blister (one look at him and my husband about burst out he is SO mad at himself right now - plus I did chew him a new one over this, not something I usually do).

We've tried aloe and are now trying dermaplast (something my mom keeps for burns). Any other ideas to make my poor boy a little more comfortable?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 5:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My MIL always suggests sav, tea bag baths and spraying them down with apple cider vinegar. I personally have tried the apple cider vinegar and it did relieve some of the burn.
    BillieJean0401

Answer by BillieJean0401 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• try some pure aloe , you can buy it at pharmacies. its very very good for burns both in pain relief and healing
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Tylenol will help with the swelling from the burn and the pain
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• My son gets burned very easily, with his last burn nothing helped him except Neosporin. It helped him so much with the pain and healing.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Cool compresses using a face cloth soaked in ice water will feel good. It help shrink the blisters and any puffiness.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Great ideas! Thank you all! I'll be giving these a try.
    Any ideas on what I can do to my husband? ROFL
    momof3inTN

Comment by momof3inTN (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Benadryl cream for itching and oral benadryl for redness, swelling/ puffiness, and itching.

There is a lotion called Sarna it is the best thing ever for sunburn itch.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 6:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2010