How did you know....

when you were completely done having children? Was it your decision, your husband's, mutual, Catholic...??

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I only wanted two. The doctors wouldn't give me a tubal because of my age so when I got pregnant the third time I told the doctor if she didn't tie my tubes she could raise the next one. She tied my tubes.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• considering i was older to begin with, and my dh is 7 yrs older than myself...and he never seemed to want to even discuss it..that pretty much told me we were finished.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It was a mutual decision... we have 7 kids altogether...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We agreed on two. Now I am just waiting on hubby to get snipped.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It's purely my decision. 5 is just my limit and I have no plans on having any after I'm 35yo.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have an 11 year old autistic child. We have a 1 year old together. We are in our late 30's. We have mutually decided we are done.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I thought I was .. Then SURPRISE.
    But when I got pregnant with my daughter it hit me hard that there would be no more of this. I hate being pregnant, I hate sharing my body, I hate having restrictions on food and drink. (Though I don't drink alcohol) Then ontop of that there's the responsibility of a child and all that comes with it. I love my children all 2.5 of them (Third is cooking), but I would've probably stopped at one had I known better beforehand.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It was really easy. We are complete as a family, children are expensive, and finally one works for us.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It's still up in the air. I'm pretty okay with just having the one but he wants another and I wouldn't mind trying so we'd at least have a chance of having a boy and girl.
    Ceven83

Answer by Ceven83 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I mostly decided since it's my health at risk.  I've had 5 c-sections now and my OB highly recommended getting my tubes tied because of the increased risks if I kept getting pregnant and having more c-sections.  I did ask my husband about it but he said I should do what I thought was best.  I think he's having regrets now.  He keeps talking about having a 6th and how he won't get his "Baily Shae" (the name he picked out for the last one if it had been a girl).  Can't win, I guess.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2010