My baby has had ear drainage for over a year

My 20 month old daughter has had an ear infection for over a year. She has had green puss drainage and sometime it is bloody. We have been to three different doctors. We have had two sets of tubes, polyps removes and adnoids removed. The doctors say her tonsils are fine. We have had 40 antibiotics filled in a year. Our recent ENT is sending us to an Infectious disease dr. We go on Thursday and have no idea what to expect. Has anyone dealt with anything like this??

tdawn_21

Asked by tdawn_21 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 4 (-22 Credits)
  • have you looked into her diet? For many if you cut dairy out of the diet the ear infections will stop. It can be another allergen like nuts(they give me and one of my sons a ear infection everytime). Another thing to try is chiropractic care.  I would also highly recomend you read this bk No More Amoxicillin: Preventing and Treating Ear and Respiratory Infections Without Antibiotics - by Mary Ann Ann Block. It will help you figure out why your child is so prone to ear issues.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• to tdawn a concern parent i had a drainage in my ear ,i did the worse thing you can do,when finish bathing,i clean the wax out of ear,but that wax is thier to protect us from water or dirt. but we end up clean our ears to much,anyway theirs a company called www.xlear.com or 1-877-599-5327 or another one called Seagate products.com,they have olive leaf nasal spray. their number is 1-888-505-4283 is all natural too,i tried them and i feel better,just dont wait to long, it can turn to a fungus,but it will take a little long to fight it off. good luck!
    iforgotit

Answer by iforgotit at 8:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010